A leaky shower or any other minor bathroom fault may not sound a huge problem at once but it can certainly turn into one, if not taken care at the right time you will need to go through a full bathroom renovations. There are times when we witness a leaking shower and then ignore it, may be because of our hectic schedule or just to avoid spending some bucks on such plumbing purposes. No wonder you can easily save your bathroom and money from getting spent on it but at the end of the day, in order to get rid of it, you need to hire a plumber.
No one, especially a homeowner would never wish to encounter any bathroom or plumbing issue because such home repair matters not just cost you hard but can turn your beautiful bathroom into a messy swimming pool. Apart from this, there are plumbing services where a plumber needs to fix the issue by pulling off the tiles or flooring, this can turn into be a huge mess and can burn a hole in your pocket.
To help people get rid of such clumsy circumstances, now almost every plumbing agency have come up with upgraded services which include- bathroom cleaning services after finishing up with the fixture process and fixing leaky showers or taps without removing the tiles. This has proved to be a great sigh of relief for homeowners who of course do not want to see their bathroom or any other section of the home getting ruined.
If you are a newbie plumber who has just entered the plumbing profession then here’s a quick DIY to help you how you can repair a leaky shower without removing the tiles from their exact place. Take a look.
- Turn off water supply – Before anything else; start with switching off the water supply from the backend. This is best to avoid messy floors.
- Remove shower head – Then take a wrench and start removing the shower head easily. It is important to go deep into the details and then fix it.
- Remove cartridge – Once you are done with removing the shower head then comes removing the cartridge which will let you have a better insight of the problematic area.
- Remove washer – Then comes removing the washer which is the root cause of the problem.
- Clean the area – Remove the washer & then clean the area with a dry cloth to get rid of the issue.
- Fit a new washer & cartridge – Insert a new washer and then fit it properly so you don’t have to suffer the problem for long.
- Reset the shower head – Then comes the last step of re-attaching the shower head and then you are done.
The bottom line-
Fixing a leaky shower can be done on your own without the help of a plumber. This is when you have the right skills and tools always available to you. To attain such knowledge, you can get in touch with any plumber or ask for their assistance to get it fixed temporarily.